Saturday, February 28, 2009

Anniversary Getaway

Earlier this week, David and I went away for a few days to celebrate our one year anniverary a little early. David surprised me by planning a romantic getaway to the Inn at the Biltmore Estate. It was amazing! We had a balcony room that overlooked the beautiful mountainside. Our room was lovely and we enjoyed all the amenities of Biltmore Estate. We toured the Vanderbilt homestead one day and browsed the shops in Asheville the next. On the last evening, David planned a romantic dinner for us at the fancy restaurant at the Inn. It was the best meal we've ever had! We had a table with a fireside and mountain view. Our waiter was so attentive and kind to us.







Beautiful Biltmore Estate. We were overhwhelmed at the magnitude of this home! We enjoyed our visit, but we really enjoy our own cozy little home.




This is the Inn, located just a few miles from the Vanderbilt home, on the Biltmore Estate property. It was beautiful!



Our room had a great balcony with a picturesque view of the mountainside.




My handsome husband!



Cheers!




Belly shot at 23 weeks... Laura Madeline is really growing... and so am I!






This is a balcony just outside the lobby. They have so many lovely places to sit and enjoy the view.





This was taken just before our special dinner. It was a romantic dinner just for three!







Lots of cozy sitting areas... and lots of fireplaces to snuggle in front of!




They have a book in the lobby called the "Nonsense Book." It was patterned after the Nonsense Book in the Vanderbilt home. Guests were asked to write poems, silly sayings, and short stories for others to enjoy.












I love my husband! We had such a wonderful getaway! Thank you, David, for planning such a special anniversary trip for us!








1 comment:

  1. What a special time! My David and I got engaged in the gardens of the Biltmore so it's a very special place to us!

    I LOVE the name you have chosen! It's so beautiful. And you look wonderful. Every time I see or talk to a pregnant lady I want to be pregnant again too. Haha!

    ReplyDelete