Monday, July 6, 2009

Life with Laura







Well, it's been a little over two weeks with Laura and it's been a delight! I am so grateful that David had two weeks to be home with us. He has been wonderful! I didn't have to do a thing for two weeks except feed and snuggle our little girl. God certainly knows our needs well before we do, doesn't He? My recovery has been much longer (and MUCH more painful) than I expected, but God knew. He provided David with a job that has two weeks of paid paternity leave for their new dads.
Today is my first day at home alone with Laura and, so far, things have gone well. I haven't gotten much done other than caring for her and a few loads of laundry, but I'm really enjoying our day at home. We've been quite busy the past few days, so it's been really nice just to stay home today. If all goes well, we'll make a quick run to the grocery store in a bit... gulp. I haven't even driven in two weeks. Pray for us! :)

On another front... we have a need that we would like to share in hopes that you'll pray with us for God's provision. We know he is Jehovah Jireh, our provider, and He is faithful to provide all we need. Two weeks ago (when Laura was about five days old), I went to a meeting at work where they announced that our office will be closing in one month (about two weeks from today). We have been less-than-profitable, so management has been attempting to cut back on staffing and hours to make ends meet, but it seems that their attempts to save the practice have not worked. What does that mean for me? Well, I'll be "displaced" as many others have been in the past year. They will try to find another location for me to work at, but there is no guarantee. I am scheduled to return to work in mid-September and would like to continue to work only part-time at a location not too far from here. Ideally, I would also like to remain in an urgent care setting. My preferences are pretty specific, so that makes finding a suitable practice match quickly a bit more difficult. BUT, God says to make our requests to him specifically, and so we will. We trust that He will provide the right solution for our family.

I am so grateful to have a husband with mighty faith in our God. He set the tone immediately when we found out that I may be without a job. He was quick to remind me of the faithfulness and kindness of God and that there is no need to fear or to be anxious. Would you please pray along with us for God to provide a suitable job in His perfect timing... or a way for me to remain at home with Laura full-time? We look forward to watching His hand at work and we can't wait to testify of His good works as they unfold. Thank you, friends!






3 comments:

  1. I will be praying Heather! It's great to see new pictures of Laura! You look so happy:) I want to come visit you sometime soon! I will give you a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying my friend. It will be fun to watch how God reaches out and provides in this way for you! I know whatever way, he will receive the glory. Love ay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I will absolutely pray for Gods Provision in your lives. You are completely covered in prayer my friend! Teadles...;o)

    ReplyDelete