Wednesday, October 7, 2009

On the road again...


Laura, my mom and I are headed to Pennsylvania tomorrow morning. I'm really looking forward to catching up with friends and family. I'm curious to see how the trip will go. The trip is 7-8 hours with two quick stops. I anticipate that it will be closer to 10 with stops for feeding and stretch breaks for Laura. Please pray for us as we head north.


Please pray also that we stay healthy. Swine flu is all around us and we certainly don't want to catch it or share it with our dear friends. We'll be staying with Cathy, Craig and Alannah (6 wks old), so we need to be healthy.



We plan to visit mostly family and friends from Living Hope Church in the few short days we have in PA. I would like to pack in many more visits with friends during our time there, but I think it's wise to keep it simple for this trip until I learn the nuances of traveling with an infant. Of course, by the time I figure it out, she'll be a toddler and we'll have new tricks to learn!



On the work front... it's been fun!!! I have worked three shifts so far and I am really enjoying it. I haven't worked more than 5 hours at a time (usually 3 hours) and my parents have been watching Laura. God has been so kind to provide this unique way to work for short periods of time and have Laura stay with family. The only unfortunate thing is that, in urgent care, we primarily see patients who are ill - namely with H1N1. So, I wear a mask and use plenty of hand sanitizer and cover it all in prayer. I'm pretty sure Dray and Kenzie have already had it and David, Laura, and I have managed to stay clear of it. Thank you, Lord! We pray that God spares our little one from H1N1 and seasonal flu. My heart is regularly tempted to fear for her health, but David has been kind to remind me that God is sovereign over our health and, if she does become ill, there is healing in the name of Jesus. Amen!



David preached again on Sunday. He did a fantastic job! We have been going through a series on what it means to love Charlotte. David was asked to finish the series with a sermon entitled "What will happen when we love Charlotte?" God will be glorified, of course, but David fleshed out what that will look like for us and for those we are called to love. He said that people have three responses: either they will openly and lovingly accept our love and sharing of the Gospel, they will be indifferent, or they will be hostile. We need to be prepared to love especially those who are hostile to the Gospel. He read several accounts of missionaries around the world who are doing just that and often losing their lives for the sake of the Gospel. It was a sobering, yet encouraging message. Too often, we settle for a warm and fuzzy Gospel in an effort to please people in hopes that they will lovingly accept the truth. Are we willing to share the truth of the Gospel (in love, of course) when the recipient becomes hostile toward us? It really gave me a lot to think about. You can listen to the sermon (and other sermons by Euan as well) on http://www.catalystchurchcharlotte.com/.



That's all for now... better get packing, laundering, cleaning, cooking.... Lord, help me to finish the tasks of the day. Thanks again for praying for us! Enjoy the photos!










Our little girl is getting so big! She sure does love to eat!

Crazy Hair!!!!!
Breaking free! I guess her feet got hot during the night. :)



Baby toes....




... and belly buttons!



2 comments:

  1. Heather you are so funny with the pics !! Little Laura is so precious. I enjoyed spending the days with you 2 and our friends.What a special time we had.
    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I think I finally got it right to post!!!!

    ReplyDelete