Monday, November 2, 2009

Argh.....

THANK YOU to those of you who left comments, sent e-mails, made phone calls... about sleep training. I am so grateful for the advice of so many great moms! Please continue to e-mail or leave comments about helpful sleep training tips you've learned.

So, we're trying a few different things these days... later bedtime, earlier waketime, stretching out feedings... just to name a few. Saturday was perhaps the most frustrating, although comical, day in the last few weeks. Laura only sleeps 45 minute stretches for me, so I was curious to see how she would do when she was home alone with David on Saturday while I worked. SHE TOOK TWO 2 HOUR NAPS!!!!! No kidding!!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. :) So, whenever we are both at home, I've asked him to observe her and make the call when she eats/naps, just to gain his perspective. She took another two hour nap when I left to go grocery shopping last night and David was home with her again. Sheesh! I'm sure glad I have a wonderful husband who has really profound parenting instincts and loves his little girl.

That's all for now! Better get to work! Oh, one more thing... I will be starting Laura on brown rice cereal (Thanks, Traci!!!!) soon (if she's interested) and would welcome your suggestions on baby feeding. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment