Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We're still here...

Bet you wonder where we've been! Well, a lot has happened in the past few weeks. We've been busy as usual, but no blogging because our computer crashed. Actually, it was a Dell that I purchased in residency quite some time ago and it has served us well for the past few years. The only sad thing is (I know, I know...) we didn't back up our hard drive. It's one of those things that I always had on my list to do, but never actually did it. Fortunately, David was able to get a really good deal on an HP laptop that we are really enjoying. It's so much faster! We'll try to take our old laptop to the repair store to see if they can retrieve anything from the hard drive. I'm so glad I print most of our pictures, so we haven't really lost anything that can't be replaced. We have been diligently (for the first time!) keeping a budget for the past seven months and I'll have to re-format our budgeting spreadsheets, but that certainly isn't a devastating loss. Probably a good thing... it's been quite tempting to agonize over the budget and finances since I lost my job. God has really been teaching me to trust in Him to provide for our every need. It's one of those tricky things... I really want to trust Him wholeheartedly, without reservation, in the area of finances. I certainly don't want to learn by difficult trials that He is able to provide. Sadly, I don't think I have trusted completely in His provision. I pray that He will soften my heart and teach me just how easy it is for Him to meet our needs (He has met our needs time and time again and shows us countless times in the Word that He lavishes good gifts on His children).

Laura's five month birthday is tomorrow. I can hardly believe it! She is growing up so quickly!!!! She is officially rolling over now (which makes naptime really interesting!). She rolls from her tummy to her back and thinks it's super funny until she realizes she can't roll the other way -then she gets mad. :) We've also tried some solids with her again and... she loves it! So far, we've just continued with brown rice and squash, but I offered her some bananas this morning. Not sure if she's fond of bananas just yet. She made plenty of funny faces and raspberries. Naptime is getting better. Thank you for praying!!!! I really believe that your prayers are working!!! Laura is napping more consistently overall, although we still have bad days and our schedule still isn't predictable. Now, we're working on night-time wakenings. She is still waking two times each night (yawn.....). I typically nurse her for her first wakening and try to soothe her back to sleep for the second. Please keep praying as we help her to get on a schedule that serves us all and keeps her well rested.

Drayton has been busy playing the trombone. He's doing great! He's learned five notes already and seems to be enjoying it. It's quite comical in the evenings now with a trombone player in the living room, an infant napping upstairs, a Mommy trying to cook supper, and Makenzie doing homework. Sheesh! Speaking of Makenzie... no more braces! Yippee!! She looks super-cute and much older without her braces. I'll have to post some pictures of that as well. Makenzie really enjoys playing with Laura and is always a big help. She loves to hold her any chance she can.

That's all for today! Thanks for checking in! I'll try to post some pictures in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment