Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Isaac

Hello! (David here.) I know lots of you are faithful to pray for our family, so I wanted to give you an update on something new that God seems to be doing in us. One night a few weeks ago I was having trouble sleeping, and was feeling very unsettled. I began to pray, and felt strongly that the Lord wanted to share something with me. As I prayed, a vivid picture took shape in my mind.

There was a little boy, about two or three years old, Haitian (I think). He seemed pensive, and was completely alone. Destruction surrounded him, and there were no other people anywhere within sight. He was dressed in a too small cotton shirt with horizontal lines of different faded colors. He looked sad, and he was looking for something.

I found myself praying for him, and I felt like the thing he was searching for was his family. I sensed that his name is Isaac, and that he is an orphan in Haiti. This picture is still so clear in my mind -- I would recognize him if I saw him.

I really don't know if this "vision" was from the Lord, but I felt strongly as if it was. Heather and I are praying about what this means -- will you please pray with and for us?

Specifically, we are asking God if He is calling us to adopt, and if so, when. (and how!)
We are praying that God will provide for Isaac. (whether he is a real boy, or a representation of real children)
We are praying that if he is our son, God will unite him with us.
We are asking God to open doors and give us the wisdom to walk through them.

Thank you all for your support and love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi friends, I will commit to praying for you and Isaac and God's calling in this relationship! May it become abundantly clear whether or not, I am to have another nephew :-)

    ReplyDelete