Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Physicians say the dumbest things... :)

Well, I thought I'd share what could potentially be my most embarrassing moment of 2008. It happened at the office today...

So, a patient came in to the office today with a cough and stuffy nose. So, I began to go about my usual routine. I placed my stethoscope in my ears, placed the end on the patient's back in order to listen to her lungs. At this point, I typically ask the patient to take a deep breath. HOWEVER, I have no idea what prompted the words to fly out of my mouth, but as I placed the stethoscope on the patient's back, I said, very clearly, "Knock! Knock!" I was mortified. I looked at the patient, who erupted with laughter as my cheeks turned bright red. I have no idea where that came from, but we both got a good laugh.

Guess I managed to squeak in one more embarrassing moment before the year's end. Can I blame that on pregnancy hormones?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, what a riot! Thanks for the great laugh!! Somehow, I can just picture you saying that and then turning red and laughing! Thanks for the blog - what a great way to know what is happening in the Doty family! Happy New Year from Ken and Beth :) (By the way, I entered this on Matt's gmail but I will set my own up soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell the years have not changed you...how refreshing. Thank you for that great laugh. Thank you for your life. Michael Mills

    ReplyDelete