Friday, May 29, 2009

Progress?

Today I had my 36 week check up with the obstetrician. Laura is head-down (yay!). That definitely confirms that all the pokes in my ribs are coming from her bottom, knees, or feet. :) Also...... Dr. Jones said that I am 1cm dilated and 60% effaced!!!! (that's how much the cervix is thinned out prior to delivery. Just before birth, the cervix is 10cm dilated and 100% effaced) He said that's quite a bit of progress for a first time pregnancy. There's usually not that much change at 36 weeks. So, we'll see if Laura will be born early. There's still no way to know when she will arrive, but it's encouraging to know that we're headed in the right direction. Literally!
The Lord has given me such a peace about it. He knows the exact day and time of her birthday, so there is no need to worry. However, we still have quite a bit to get ready and organized before she arrives. Please continue to pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment