Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Showers of Blessings


We really have been showered with so many blessings from family and friends. Two weeks ago, the ladies at work hosted a lovely luncheon shower for me. It was delightful! I really enjoy working at the Urgent Care and they have taken such good care of me during pregnancy... making sure I eat, rest, and prop my feet up once in a while (although it's been quite busy these days!). Thank you, ladies, for a lovely shower.











This weekend, my Mom hosted a baby shower as well. It was a late morning brunch (my favorite type of meal!) with 25 dear friends. We had a wonderful time! My talented Mom made lots of special treats for Laura... a creative diaper cake, cute pink favors, a candle centerpiece, and a really yummy, beautiful, chocolate cake. It was such a joy to have some time to visit with friends and celebrate Laura's soon arrival. What a perfect day it was!

My Mom made a scrumptious chocolate cake, frosted with a whipped cream icing made by her friend, Roberta. Yum! My Mom-in-Law also made some really yummy home-made cinnamon buns with pink icing. What a treat!

Adorable diaper cake with a stork perched on top.

My sweet, talented Mom and dear friend, Gina.

Mary, Anne, and sweet baby Kate
Carol and Crystal
Melissa, Susie, and (cutie pie!) Addyson.
Terri, Julie (my wonderful sister-in-law), and Amy

David and I are SO BLESSED to have such wonderful friends and family here in Charlotte. Thank you for praying for us and supporting us in so many ways during pregnancy. We are so grateful!!

1 comment:

  1. It was such a Great Day to celebrate the coming of Baby Laura Madiline!! Heather will be a Great Mom and David a Great Dad! Can't wait. :) Oma

    ReplyDelete