Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To induce or not to induce... that is the question.

Just had my 39 week OB appointment yesterday and got a big surprise. The doctor asked if I was ready to deliver and I gave a hearty "Yes!!!" response. We are ready to meet our little girl and I am quite ready to be on the other side of pregnancy. He subsequently asked if I would be ready for an induction, to which I also responded, "Yes." He said we could show up at 6am on Tuesday (today). What?!?! I definitely wasn't ready for that. :) So, I spoke with David about it and we decided to postpone the induction after considering all of the variables. Although it would be really nice to plan ahead for childcare purposes, I think it would be really fun to be surprised with the day of Laura's birth.

Would you pray with us that God would cause Laura to arrive on her own (this week!!!!)?
We are considering an induction later this week, but we would welcome your thoughts as well. Please let us know what you think.... and please pray!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my dear dear friend. You are covered in prayer. From me and many many others. We are so very excited for you guys. I cannot wait to see her cute little face. May you sense His presence and comfort like never before. May He fill you with much grace, and give you yet another wonderful testimony of His great care for you! I love you guys muchly!~Teadles...;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather- We will keep you in our prayers. I'm sure things will work out and that Laura will make her appearance when she is ready. Stay well and can't wait to see pics of Laura.

    Catherine and Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, Cheryl and I are here and praying that she would make her appearance tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete