Thursday, January 15, 2009

Catching up...

Whew! Time flies and it seems I haven't posted anything in 10 days. We've been pretty busy lately, but my lack of posting is mostly because of fatigue that still seems to linger into my second trimester. Thankfully, the nausea has mostly subsided, PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! That was an awfully long 10 weeks! I have my next OB appointment in the morning and I'm really looking forward to it. We decided to change to a new obstetrician and I'm looking forward to our first visit.
I do have a few pictures to post, but that will have to wait another day. I even have a belly shot, but there's not much to see yet. :)
Over the past few months, our family has been reading a wonderful book called The Heavenly Man. We usually spend about 30 minutes or so reading together in the evenings and we've almost finished the book. I highly recommend it! It is a biography about a Christian in China who undergoes severe persecution for the sake of the Gospel. It really is a phenomenal story of God's power and this man's faith. We are repeatedly amazed to think that this took place only ten years ago. Although the book shares fairly graphic details of his persecution, our kids have been captivated by the story. We think it's good for them to hear accounts of what God is doing in the rest of the world. David asked me last night if I thought we would ever see miracles like that in our country. I'm honestly not sure... it's been an interesting question to consider.
I also just finished reading The Shack... thanks, Mom! It was a fascinating book that has really caused me to pause and consider the dynamics of my relationship with God. The author presents his perspective of God in a very unique way. Has anyone else read the book? Any thoughts?
Better go for now, but I'll try to post some pictures this weekend. Kenzie's 9th birthday party is on Saturday, so we're busy preparing!

No comments:

Post a Comment